By Sharon Aron Baron
Better Together, a nonprofit organization is collaborating with New Springs Church to host a community job fair to connect job seekers with local employers while providing helpful resources for securing employment.
Held on Tuesday, June 20, from 10 a.m. to noon, the job fair is part of Better Together’s “Better Jobs” program, which has aided 39,000 job applicants in securing work across 22 states and the District of Columbia.
According to the organizers, these job fairs result in two-thirds of attendees getting an interview and one in four receiving an on-the-spot job offer. A substantial 70% of participants find work within six weeks.
Better Together CEO, Megan Rose, highlighted the unique approach of this event, saying, “This is not your typical job fair. Job seekers can come as they are; no suits [are] required. Encouraging volunteers can help with resumes. We know the challenges that many face when they are seeking employment and are ready with solutions.”
The fair will take place at New Springs Church on 11464 W. Sample Road in Coral Springs. Both job seekers and employers can register for the event on the BetterTogetherUS website.
Better Together primarily assists families in crisis, aiming to prevent foster care placements and address economic hardship. Their “Better Jobs” program is an essential component, responding to the 76% of families who seek assistance due to unemployment-related financial difficulty.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media, which includes Margate Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023Missing Teen: Margate Police Seeks Help in Locating 13-Year-Old
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Experience the Best Bingo in Broward with Big Prizes at Temple Beth Am
- NewsSeptember 1, 2023Meet Monte and Dexter, Pets in Need of Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Experience the Best Bingo in Broward with Big Prizes at Temple Beth Am