By David Volz
Margate will soon welcome a large new employer to the community.
ATI, Inc. has agreed to lease approximately 130,000 square feet of space at the First Gate Logistics Center at 5301 West Copans Road.
According to Margate spokesperson Maria Higgins Fallon, ATI, Inc. is slated to be open by the summer of 2024. The company will open with approximately 20 employees, ultimately with 80 in five years.
“Margate welcomes all new commercial enterprises and businesses that want to relocate to our community. We offer a business-friendly environment,” said Fallon.
ATI, previously known as Allegheny Technologies Incorporated, is headquartered in Dallas. The company produces a range of metal products and specializes in the aerospace and defense industry, focusing on jet engines.
Additionally, ATI is involved in sectors such as oil and gas, chemical processes, and electrical energy, according to the City of Margate.
According to Fallon, they selected Margate for its new site because it is near other aerospace companies and has easy access to highways and airports, according to Fallon.
- David Volz has worked as a writer in South Florida for 35 years. He has written for the Sun-Sentinel, Hollywood Gazette, School Transportation News, South Dade News Leaders, Observer among others. He has an MA in Communications from Florida Atlantic University and a BA in Communications from Valparaiso University. Volz teaches Communications at Miami Dade College and Palm Beach State College. He lives in Coral Springs and enjoys running and participating in 5Ks and half-marathons.
- NewsFebruary 23, 2024Margate Matriarch Honored For Over Half a Century of Community and Family
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Margate’s Calypso Cove and Firefighters Park Set for Exciting Upgrades
- NewsFebruary 9, 2024Margate Honors Philanthropist for $200K Donation of Palm Trees to Beautify City Spaces
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Margate Welcomes the Pickleball Trend, Offering Lessons with Renowned Coaches