By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Margate Sounds at Sundown event returns on Saturday, January 6, featuring the GDR Band.
The live music event will occur at the covered field Margate Sports Complex at 1695 Banks Road from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Admission is free.
GDR, a South Florida-based 6-piece band, covers iconic rock songs from the 70s and 80s. With three lead vocalists, they perform hits by artists like Heart, Journey, and Queen.
The band’s members are experienced musicians, having been part of national tours and tribute bands. Despite being new, GDR has already made a mark in notable venues like The Wellington Amphitheatre and The City of Sunrise Concert Series, gaining a reputation as a formidable live act.
Those planning to attend the Sounds at Sundown event are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs to help keep themselves comfortable enough to enjoy a night filled with singing, dancing, and delicious food.
As with past renditions of the Sounds at Sundown event, various food trucks will be on-site, serving up tasty snacks, meals, and desserts.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media, which includes Margate Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Monarch Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Humane Society of Broward County Seeks Forever Homes for Gentle Dog and Tranquil Cat
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024‘Adopt a Sweetheart’ Event Held at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsFebruary 11, 2024Monday Night Bingo at Temple Beth Am Holds an Anniversary Celebration