By Sharon Aron Baron
The Margate Police Department has announced a comprehensive active shooter training program at Liberty Elementary School, at 2450 Banks Rd in Margate.
This crucial initiative, part of a proactive effort to boost the safety and preparedness of staff and students, is scheduled from January 3 – 5 and then again on January 15 and 19.
This active shooter drill equips school personnel and police with effective skills and strategies to respond to potential threats.
Training includes various aspects, including emergency response protocols, evacuation procedures, and crisis communication strategies.
Residents living in the vicinity of Liberty Elementary are advised not to be alarmed by the increased police presence and activity during these days.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media, which includes Margate Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Monarch Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Humane Society of Broward County Seeks Forever Homes for Gentle Dog and Tranquil Cat
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024‘Adopt a Sweetheart’ Event Held at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsFebruary 11, 2024Monday Night Bingo at Temple Beth Am Holds an Anniversary Celebration