By Martin Lenkowsky
Parents looking for a safe, worry-free place to take their little ones trick-or-treating on Halloween can look no further than Margate City Hall.
The Margate Police Department is holding its fifth Annual Trunk or Treat on Tuesday, Oct. 31, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at 5790 Margate Blvd.
“It’s the safest place for children to get candy on Halloween in Margate,” said city spokesperson Maria Fallon.
Fallon said vehicles from all city departments will be decorated for Halloween, with employees handing out candy to youngsters. “It’s put together by all departments of the city of Margate,” Fallon added that there are usually hundreds of kids with their parents in attendance.
- Martin Lenkowsky moved to Coral Springs from NYC in 1982. He has a bachelor’s degree from Brooklyn College. He has been both writer and editor for a number of South Florida publications since 1983. He considers features writing his specialty.
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Rock Roots Revealed: Margate Resident Reflects on His Musical Past with Billy Joel in the 60s
- NewsOctober 24, 2023Margate’s Fall Festival Will Be a Halloween Haven for Kids and Adults
- NewsOctober 17, 2023Don’t Miss a Bewitching Pre-Halloween Treat for Pets and Harry Potter Fans at Broward’s Humane Society
- NewsOctober 17, 2023Napa Elegance Meets Gourmet Cuisine at The Cook & The Cork Jarvis Wine Dinner