By Kevin Deutsch
A man was arrested in Margate Monday for beating a woman and child with a metal pole, inflicting injuries that may require surgery for one of the victims, court records show.
Torrence Little, 22, of 4827 NW 59th St. in Tamarac, came over to a female relative’s house in Margate, grabbed the metal pole from the woman’s hand, and began striking her in her head and body, continuing to strike her after she fell to the ground, according to an arrest affidavit.
When a 14-year-old female relative of Little’s came to the woman’s aid, Little beat her with the pole, too, hitting her in her forehead, records show.
During the pole attack, a second, unidentified subject pointed a gun at the child victim, according to Margate Police.
The beatings left one of the victims with ligament damage in her shoulder that may require surgery, the records state. It was not clear from the affidavit which victim suffered the shoulder injuries.
Later, Little came to the police department to give a statement about the events, police said. He was then arrested.
Margate Talk is not identifying the family relationship between Little and the victims to protect their identities.
Little is charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and child abuse.
He was booked into the Broward Main Jail and released on a $15,000 bond.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Monarch High School Principal, Staffers Reassigned Amid Sports Probe
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Child Kidnapped After Leaving Margate Fair
- NewsJuly 6, 2023Margate Pho Restaurant Temporarily Closed by Health Inspectors
- NewsJuly 2, 20232 Hurt in Margate Motorcycle Crash, One Airlifted to Hospital