By: Matt Rothman
North Broward Prep basketball star Enrico Borio is officially committed to playing college baseball at Jacksonville University next year.
“It feels amazing, like a dream come true,” Borio said.” It is my first step towards my goal. For me, it was all about the fit and the coaches. It felt like home and like family.”
Borio started playing basketball when he was 12 and competed in Brazil for Clube Curitibano. He also played for the Brazilian National Team and AAU Florida Pro. Borio has played on the varsity basketball team for one year and shined, helping the Eagles win 22 games a season ago. He averaged 11.1 points per game and nearly nine rebounds.
The senior will have one more year on the varsity basketball team and hopes to continue to improve his three-point shooting before playing for Jacksonville University. The Dolphins are coming off a season where they won 13 games, competing in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023North Broward Prep Goaltender Zach Brown Announces College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023North Broward Prep Scores 4 Touchdowns in Loss to Saint Andrew
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Monarch Football Records 4th Win; Another Defender Makes College Pick
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek Football Records Fourth Win: Girls Volleyball Wins First 2 Matches