By Bryan Boggiano
Burrito fans have a lot to celebrate this week. A new bundle of joy is unwrapping itself in the community: Chipotle Mexican Grill.
Chipotle, known for its burritos, burrito bowls, and tacos, will open its first Margate location on Wed., Sept. 27, located at 5671 West Atlantic Blvd.
The location will feature the restaurant chain’s signature Chipotlane, a drive-thru pickup lane where customers can pick up orders. This will be the first one in the Fort Lauderdale area.
Store hours will be from 10:45 a.m. until 10 p.m. every day.
“We are always looking for communities where we can serve responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food and establish new local partnerships, and the Margate area is a great fit,” said Annie Gradinger, external communications analyst.
The restaurant’s grand opening comes after the city commission approved various regulations in February 2022 that paved the way for its opening, including a plot subdivision and a special exception.
Gradinger said the location will also offer the opportunity to host fundraisers that give back 33 percent of all proceeds to the fundraising group or cause. More information is available on the company’s website.
The new location is hiring. Information on open positions is available on the company’s website.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan plans to pursue geosciences at Florida International University for his master's. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- NewsOctober 18, 2023Margate Commission Proposes MCRA Extension to 2047 for City Center Growth
- NewsOctober 17, 2023Calypso Cove Aquatic Center Eyes $604K Upgrade with All-Ages Play Area
- NewsOctober 3, 20232024 Margate Election Heats Up with Early Fundraising Leads Emerging
- NewsOctober 2, 2023Margate Committee Gives Conditional Approval to Springdale Golf Course Redevelopment