By Sharon Aron Baron
The deadline for submitting School Choice applications for the 2023/24 school year is quickly approaching.
Parents and guardians who are interested in applying for magnet programs, Nova schools, or school reassignments must submit their applications by Monday, February 6, 2023.
The application window opened on December 1, 2022, and families can apply online at browardschools.com/schoolchoice.
In order to apply, families will need their child’s student number. Parents and guardians of students who are new to Broward County Public Schools can visit any District school by Thursday, February 2, 2023, to request and receive a student number in time to apply before the deadline.
In addition to the standard School Choice application, parents and guardians of qualifying students can also submit applications for the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES-UA) program. This program, which was formerly known as the John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities, no longer has a separate application window. The online application for the FES-UA program is available on the School Choice website.
For more information, contact the Office of School Choice at 754-321-2480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got News in Margate? Send it to Margate Talk. Don’t miss reading Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media, which includes Margate Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- News2023.03.14Hollywood-Themed Relay For Life Event in Parkland, Coral Springs, Margate, and Coconut Creek Held April 1
- News2023.03.14Earn Service Hours During Free Food Distribution on March 15