This article has been edited to reflect that Margate Police Department is the one hosting the event, with other law enforcement agencies taking part.
By Agrippina Fadel
Margate Police Department invites the residents to National Night Out, a free community event with complimentary refreshments, live entertainment, and activities for kids.
Held on Tuesday, August 2, from 6 to 10 p.m. at the Margate Sports Complex at 1695 Banks Road, the event is back for the first time since 2019 due to coronavirus precautions.
The celebration promises to be a “cannot miss” event that helps build a relationship between the community and local law enforcement.
The night’s itinerary includes hot dog eating and hula hoop contests, face painting stations and balloon artists, a dunk tank, bounce houses, and a potato sack slide. The entertainment lineup includes native Polynesian dancers and live music.
Law enforcement agencies will perform SWAT, K9, fire rescue, and aviation demonstrations and share crime prevention tips and ideas on how to build safer communities.
Event vendors offer free popcorn, refreshments, ice cream, and snow cones.
National Night Out Against Crime is a yearly community-building event celebrated all over the United States. Law enforcement agencies in communities across the country host the celebration to interact and build close relationships with the residents and all those who live and work within the community.
Got News in Coconut Creek or Margate? Send it to Margate Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- Coconut Creek2022.09.13Sing Along to Encanto at Coconut Creek’s Next Movie in the Park
- Coconut Creek2022.09.13Salsa Night is the Next Free Concert in Coconut Creek
- Coconut Creek2022.09.03Coconut Creek Hosts Food Distribution for Low-Income Residents
- Coconut Creek2022.09.03Learn About Coconut Creek’s History at the Next Ambassador Meeting