By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Cottonwood Model – Vista Villa circa 1969.
The brochure reads:
A distinctive interpretation of the clean, graceful lines inherent in contemporary design in a fascinating Three-Bedroom Idea Home. Located in a fairway setting surrounded by magnificent wooded areas…the accent is on spacious living inside and out. Even a brief study of the floor plan indicates that here truly is something most unusual.
- Fully sodded lot with complete sprinkler system
- Contemporary roof lines with an extended overhang for durability and all-weather protection
- French doors from bedroom to enclosed porch
- Dining room view of enclosed garden courtyard
- Garden court entrance foyer
- Room size walk-in closets in every bedroom
- Large storage room in addition to utility room
- Distinctive lighting and bathroom fixture appointments
- Choice of fine professional landscape plans (optional)
Click on Brochures to make them larger.
This was a 3 Bedroom, 2 1/2 Bath home with a double garage for $39,100. You could also get an optional screened patio with roof for $3,050, as well as central air conditioning and heating for an additional $2,420.
This home seems inexpensive; however, this home was costly back in 1969. As a private country club community, the Woodlands was much more expensive than its neighbors in Tamarac. Maintenance fees were only $48 a month and included all lawn care, plus use of the recreational facilities.
If you haven’t been to the Woodlands yet, take a drive-by and check out these unbelievable mid-century modern homes.
Thank you to Edie Green with Coldwell Banker for sharing these with the rest of our community and me.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media, which includes Margate Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023Missing Teen: Margate Police Seeks Help in Locating 13-Year-Old
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Experience the Best Bingo in Broward with Big Prizes at Temple Beth Am
- NewsSeptember 1, 2023Meet Monte and Dexter, Pets in Need of Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsAugust 20, 2023Experience the Best Bingo in Broward with Big Prizes at Temple Beth Am